Reader Revenue workshop for news publishers announced for April 6 at Montclair State University; sign up today
Membership Puzzle, American Press Institute and News Revenue Hub among facilitators lined up for event, in partnership with LION Publishers
As news organizations across the U.S. continue to experiment with altered business models and new streams of revenue, it’s become clear that building reader revenue needs to be part of nearly everyone’s strategy.
To help news publishers think through different ways they could approach building a business with their audience, the Center for Cooperative Media and LION Publishers are teaming up to host a workshop on reader revenue, set for Friday, April 6, at Montclair State University.
The workshop is open to all news publishers who can make it to Montclair for the in-person session. Workshop presenters and facilitators will include:
- Gwen Vargo, director of reader revenue at the American Press Institute
- Emily Goligoski, research director of the Membership Puzzle Project
- Mary Walter-Brown, chief executive officer of the News Revenue Hub
- Maria Archangelo, Executive Director of The Philadelphia Public School Notebook
- Matt DeRienzo, executive director of the Local Independent Online News Publishers
- The cost to register is $25; a light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Visit our EventBrite page for more information and to register.
About the Center for Cooperative Media: The Center is a grant-funded program of the School of Communication and Media at Montclair State University. The Center is supported with funding from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and Democracy Fund. Its mission is to grow and strengthen local journalism, and in doing so serve New Jersey residents. For more information, visit CenterforCooperativeMedia.org.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 NJ News Commons