Speaker lineup, agenda announced for Collaborative Journalism Summit; register now to save your seat!
We’re thrilled to announce the speaker lineup and agenda for the upcoming Collaborative Journalism Summit, an international symposium on collaborative reporting projects and cooperative news networks.
The summit, set for May 4-5 at Montclair State University in Montclair, N.J., will bring together more than 150 journalists, media executives, funders, technologists, professors and students to discuss different models, best practices and case studies of collaborative projects. The event is presented by Google News Lab.
- Register now at collaborativejournalism.org; space is limited.
Our speaker lineup includes:
- Jason Alcorn, Democracy Fund
- Joe Amditis, Center for Cooperative Media
- Heather Bryant, Stanford University
- Annie Chabel, Center for Investigative Reporting
- Sandy Close, New America Media
- Ben DeJarnette, Open:Housing and Agora Journalism Center
- Emilia Diaz-Struck, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- Jon Funabiki, San Francisco State & Renaissance Journalism
- Tim Griggs, independent consultant
- Cole Goins, Center for Investigative Reporting
- Liza Gross, Solutions Journalism Network
- Cliff Hahn, Channel X
- Martha Hamilton International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
- John Hatcher, One River, Many Stories and University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Darryl Holliday, City Bureau
- Andrew Losowsky, Coral Project
- Scott McCartney, DPTV and Detroit Journalism Cooperative
- Tom Meagher, The Next To Die and The Marshall Project
- Mary Miller, North Carolina Newsroom Cooperative
- Jennifer Moore, One River, Many Stories and University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Stefanie Murray, Center for Cooperative Media
- Andre Natta, WBHM
- Jennifer Pemberton, Alaska Energy Desk
- Andrew Rockaway, Your Voice Ohio and Jefferson Center
- Matthew Schuerman, WNYCScott Klein, ProPublica
- Melanie Sill, Democracy Fund
- Sarah Stonbely, Center for Cooperative Media
- Michelle Srbinovich, WDET and Detroit Journalism Cooperative
- Claire Wardle, CrossCheck and First Draft
- Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow
- Bruce Wilson, The Conversation
- Julie Winokur, Newest Americans and Talking Eyes Media
We’ve still got a few speaker roles left to fill, so more names will be added soon. Click here to see the full list of the organizations represented by our speakers.
Visit our website at www.collaborativejournalism.org to see the full agenda.
The Collaborative Journalism Summit is hosted by the Center for Cooperative Media and presented by Google News Lab, and is sponsored by the Democracy Fund, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, and Montclair State University. (There are still additional sponsorship opportunities available, too … click here for more details.)
About the Center for Cooperative Media: The Center is a grant-funded program of the School of Communication and Media at Montclair State University. The Center is supported with funding from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and Democracy Fund. Its mission is to grow and strengthen local journalism, and in doing so serve New Jersey residents. For more information, visit CenterforCooperativeMedia.org.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 NJ News Commons